Brick and Rolling Pin Throwing
How far can you throw?
We are now open to applications from teams of 6 people wanting to compete in this revival of Stroud’s Brick Throwing and Rolling Pin Throwing Competitions.
This year Stroud Show will once again be hosting Stroud’s famous Brick and Rolling Pin Throwing Competitions, in partnership with Stroud and District Athletics Club. There will also be a Welly Wanging competition for under 16s.
For many years Stroud was internationally known as the home of World Champions and World Records. In the 1960s the Brick and Rolling Pin Throwing competitions opened up to include Strouds in America, in Australia and in Canada.
Sadly we have not been involved for a few years, but now we are back. We have this year to get ourselves limbered up. Next year we will take on the Australians again. You can see from the photos that they are already in training. There’s no time to waste!
Here are the basics:
- All throwers must sign the appropriate form prior to throwing. Parents must sign for a competitor under the age of 18.
- Throws are conducted from a ring of 15’ diameter, with measurements being taken from the edge of the ring. A competitor’s foot must not leave the ring when throwing, or this will be classified as a “foul throw” and not counted.
- Each competitor is allowed 3 throws only.
- Best of three throws is recorded, allowing for a qualifying throw of:
Brickthrowing – 50’
Rolling Pin – 60’
- Throws under these distances will not be measured or recorded.
Stroud & District Athletics Club will be arranging some practice sessions during the coming weeks. We will post information about this soon.
In the meantime get a team together, register your team on this website and we’ll be in touch.
Timetable of events
Stalls and exhibitions will be going on all day